Data That is Secured
Planning & Testing
Data backup and recovery planning protects your business and minimizes risk.
Reliable Data Backup & Recovery
There are few things more important to your business than the data and networks that keep you operating. Does your business have a plan in place for regular backups as well as disaster scenarios (flood, fire, etc.)?
Disaster Recovery Planning
It’s impossible to completely eliminate downtime and outages. However, a consistently updated disaster recovery plan drastically reduces downtime. A few things to include in this plan are
Data backups and recovery (along with backup validity)
Recovering critical systems first
Scanning and removing unauthorized users in the event of a breach
App deployment along with updates
Restoring secondary services and apps
Setting up secure off-site backups, images, etc.
Fixing any exploited vulnerabilities (can’t come back online until the problem is fixed)
What Happens to Data When Disaster Strikes?
In many cases, disasters that occur will be outside the control of your IT administrators (if you have them). Does your business have a plan in place when it does? What about the data the exists outside your business?
Virtualization in remote data centers
Disaster Recovery Plan Testing
Having a disaster recovery plan isn’t enough. The more important question is: does it work?
- Will your critical systems come back online if all servers aren’t online yet?
- Do your backups actually work?
- Is your data recovery timeline reasonable?
- Is your data recovery point appropriate?
- When systems come back online, are they secure or do vulnerabilities still exist?
- All disaster recovery plan scenarios should be thoroughly tested to ensure the plan works. Catching any issues now, allows for revisions prior to a disaster.
Once the plan is tested, be sure to train all employees to ensure they know the procedures. The right tools and guidance are crucial with disaster recovery planning and testing.
Contact our team to find out about available solutions and how we can help.
Get Help With Data Backup & Recovery Services
Fill out the form, chat with us, or give us a call at (800) 240-2821.